CBE offers a wide range of service options facilitated by a vibrant and innovative strategic consultancy service that is able to create, broker, facilitate and implement innovative solutions to complex community and resource issues, particularly those involving a community /corporate interface where “triple bottom line” outcomes are valued.
As implementers of the widely recognised Community Welcome Program, CBE is one of the few organisations in Australia which offers a combination of hands-on practical experience in service implementation, together with professional strategic consulting services and innovative entrepreneurial solutions.
We are committed to developing strategic partnerships that carefully “blend” and compliment the skills of each partner. We bring a particular set of skills and expertise in people and community management, alongside an understanding of commercial imperatives. The partner team is therefore able to focus on its unique core business strategies while experiencing the value added benefits of a specialised social / community focus.
CBE is focussed on being innovative and creative in developing value-added solutions to issues as they emerge, with the aim of working with key stakeholders in producing self-sustaining, vibrant and effective communities.
An “off-the shelf” approach is not sufficient. We have implemented award-winning development, resourcing and management models in a variety of situations and locations throughout Australia, each one geared to respond to the particular requirements of the community setting and stakeholder outcomes.
Our approach is based on the following principles:
- we conduct projects from a strategic and integrated perspective - our work is based on conceptually sound principles
- we build upon work already done, to avoid duplication of effort and to maximise the effective use of our time - we work with key stakeholders who will be responsible for acting upon our findings and recommendations
- we are strongly consultative and we rely on a high level of stakeholder participation in developing strategies and action plans for implementation
- our emphasis is on transferring skills and establishing processes and mechanisms that allow the community to continuously address issues beyond our work
- we aim to build long term relationships with stakeholders to better understand current and long term needs.
We tailor our service to meet local community needs. We do not use pre-defined or packaged solutions. Instead, we provide a method and activities that will deliver realistic outcomes appropriate to the local context.